Responsible Use Policy
Responsible Use Policy approved by Medford School Committee on September 14, 2020
The Medford Public Schools supports the rights of students and staff to have reasonable access, in school, to various information formats and believes it is incumbent upon students and staff to use this educational advantage in an appropriate and responsible manner.
- I will only use the Internet when there is an adult in the room with me.
- I will not give out any information about myself, my family, or my friends on the Internet.
- I will not speak to strangers on the Internet without my teacher’s permission.
- I will tell my teachers and parents if anyone on the Internet asks personal questions about me.
- I will use only appropriate language when using the Internet.
- I will tell my teacher if I see anything on the Internet that makes me uncomfortable.
- I will not copy anything from the Internet and claim it is my work.
I have read and understand the above rules. I understand that if I break any of these rules, I may lose the privilege of using the Internet and may have other consequences.
This user agreement will be renewed each academic year.
I have read the Medford Public Schools District Contract for computer use with my child. I understand that access is for educational purposes I accept responsibility for my child’s computer use.